The CentOs Web Control Panel can literally be installed in a few minutes if you are familiar with ssh. If not it is still super simple and can be installed in a relatively short amount of time. It's a great FREE web control panel to help make your VPS or Dedicated server easier to manage.
For more information about CentOs Web Control Panel please see my article:
CentOs Web Control Panel
If you don't have Putty (SSH Client) you can download it from here:
The putty.zip (a .ZIP archive of all the above) will allow you to run putty as a portable app. IE: it doesn't install. It simply runs from the folder it was extracted to.
CentOs Web Control Panel Requirements:
32 bit - 512 MB Ram
64 bit - 512 MB Ram
HDD - 10 GB
CentOs Web Control Panel Recommended:
32 bit - 512 MB RAM
64 bit - 1024 MB RAM
HDD - 20 GB
* Optimally 4 GB RAM either 32 bit or 64 bit. You can go over 4 GB barrier with 64 bit systems.
CentOs Web Control Panel Operating Systems Supported:
CentOS 6.x, 7.x
RedHat 6.x, 7.x
CloudLinux 6.x, 7.x
1) Create a valid hostname:
The hostname cannot be the same as any domain that is on your server (for example, if example.com is a domain on your server, use hostname.example.com as your fully qualified hostname).
*if you already created one skip this step.
2. Setup Server IP addresses:
Define additional IP address, subnet address, and default gateway IP address for your server — your service provider can provide you with this information.
* It's possible this is already setup and configured by your host. In which case, you can skip step 2.
3. Software Requirements:
You must have a clean/fresh installation of supported operating systems:
CentOS 6, RedHat 6 or CloudLinux 6, MINIMAL installation and English version only!
CentOS 7 is also supported, minimal version is recommended.
4) Install wget if you don't already have it with:
yum -y install wget
5) Make sure your system is up-to-date with:
yum -y update
6) Reboot your server with the following command:
7) Log back into your server with ssh.
For CentOs 6 enter:
For CentOs 7 enter:
If download link doesn’t work then you can use the following:
CentOS 6: http://dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/cwp2-latest
CentOS 7: http://dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/cwp-el7-latest
8) Reboot your server so that all updated can take affect and CentOs Web Control Panel gets started:
9) Login to CentOs Web Control Panel:
Log in to your CWP server using the link provided by the installer on your server
CentOS WebPanel Admin GUI at http://SERVER-IP:2030/
Password: your root password
Lastly setup the following:
– Setup nameservers
– Setup shared ip (must be your public IP address)
– Setup at least one hosting package (or edit default package)
– Setup root email
& now you are ready to host domains ...
And, you are done.
You may also check the official install instructions here:
And the CentOs Web Control Panel home page here: