This auto-installer will allow you to install the Boonex RMS (Media Server) on CentOS, Ubuntu, or Debian in a matter of minutes. Answer a couple of simple questions and a few minutes later you’ll have an RMS streaming media server up and running that will allow your members to enjoy Dolphin’s audio / video capabilities in the Legacy Flash Apps like Chat for example.
If you have been struggling with the installation instructions, or if you just want to save yourself a lot of time this will do it for you.
It is designed to be fast, easy, and user-friendly.
Not to mention it includes some really nice features and options.
Installs RMS along with:
– CentOS 6 and CentOS 7x, Ubuntu 16.04.x, Ubuntu 18.04.x, Debian 8x and 9x installs by means of rc.local RMS start up.
– Automatic or Manual IP detection.
– Option to use default RMS ports (1935, 1936, 5080), or to select custom ports (make sure they are open and available).
– Enter up to 5 domains (Dolphin websites) to allow access to your RMS.
– Specify a location for RMS (up to 3 directories deep – example: /opt/media_server/rms).
– Option to create a system cron that will check and start RMS if it’s not running or down.
– Installs OpenJDK JAVA if applicable.
– Generates an RMS Install report .txt file upon completion detailing the install choices you selected.
– Creates removal/uninstall instructions based on the choices you selected.
– And more all within just a few minutes.
– Simply upload a file, enter a line in SSH, answer a few questions, and you are done.
– CentOS 6x, and CentOS 7x
– Ubuntu 16.04.x and Ubuntu 18.04.x LTS (Long Term Support Versions Only)
– Debian 8x, and Debian 9x
– YUM – (CentOS)
– APT/apt-get (Ubuntu/Debian)
– Awk, grep, sed, wget, etc. (It will check and optionally install these for you if necessary.)
– Root Access to the server.
– You should have a basic understanding of SSH.
* Installs RMS to your server IP address, and supports IPv4 Addresses only.
* Not for shared hosting accounts.
Demonstration video is available on YouTube here:
RMS Auto Installer For Boonex Dolphin
* Demo Video is based on CentOS, but it’s a similar process for both CentOS and Ubuntu/Debian. It also shows a non-editable executable file, which has since been updated to a viewable/editable format.
Be sure to check my other listings for a CentOS or Ubuntu/Debian only version.