This tutorial shows you how to set Boonex Dolphin 7 footer links to nofollow. You will need to decide for yourself if that is something you want to do or not.
If you have a look at my Dolphin 7 footer links you will see I have the following:
Invite A Friend
And if you explore my top menu navigation you will find most of them under Help as well. So the bottom footer links are basically duplicates with the exception of Invite a Friend and Bookmark.
Since they already appear in the top navigation menu I don't think it is that important to have Google follow and count them a second time. And, the Invite a Friend and Bookmark doesn't really need to be followed anyway. In my opinion, they aren't worth following. That is up to you though. This is just intended to show you how to set them to nofollow if you want to.
Since Sitemap is not linked anywhere else I will keep it as is or followed so Google will continue following and counting it.
You will need to use phpmyadmin to make the changes, which is available in most hosting control panels.
Since you will be editing your database it is highly recommended that you perform a database backup prior to applying this.
If you are not familiar with editing your database with phpmyadmin or you don't understand what I am talking about you probably don't want to mess with this.
1. Login to your hosts control panel and open up phpmyadmin.
2. If you have more than one database find your Dolphin 7 database on the left.
3. Scroll down until you find sys_menu_bottom and click the Browse icon.
4. Now you will see your list of all your Dolphin 7 footer links stored in the database. You will need to click on the Pencil looking icon to edit each one you want to add nofollow to.
5. Add the following at the end of each link:
And then click the Go button to save the changes.
6. Repeat this for each link you want to add nofollow to.
7. For Invite a Friend and Bookmark you will have to add the same code to the script field rather than the link field.
Click on the pencil looking icon for Invite a Freind and Bookmark to edit them.
In the Script field add at the end:
And click the Go button to save the changes.
8. Screen shot of the changes applied:
9. Then, you will need to login to your Dolphin 7 Admin and clear the cache. You will need to clear the DB cache at the very least for the changes to update. But, clearing template cache is also recommended.
10. Refresh your page and you can view page source to verify and look for nofollow, or use a Firefox addon that will highlight nofollow links.
Viewing source code:
Using a Firefox addon pink/red is nofollow purple/blue is dofollow:
If you would like to completely change the footer links to a different link altogether you can see this tutorial for more information:
How to Change or Add Dolphin 7 Footer Links
How to set Dolphin 7 Join and Login links nofollow