Forums  ›  Dolphin 6.1  ›  General

increase header size

I would like to know where I can edit to increase the size of the logo box, my logo drops down through the nav

menu as it is and to decrease logo size will make it extremely hard to see, I just want to increase the height of

my header box containing the logo is all I need. This is for 6.1.4, I could do it on 6.0.0.05 by adding divs but

am lost on 6.1.4

Many thanks for some info

Try the following:
/templates/tmpl_uni/css/general.css

tmpl_uni is the default dolphin template folder you may have to substitute if you have a custom template.

find:
.topBlock
{
position:relative;
height:73px;
border:0px dashed blue;
margin-bottom:0px;
}

Change the height to a bigger size suitable for your logo. You may have to play around with a few different numbers to get it to fit near perfect for your logo.

Change to something like:
.topBlock
{
position:relative;
height:120px;
border:0px dashed blue;
margin-bottom:0px;
}

This will make the logo area higher in most cases. I hope this might be what you were referring to.

Thanks

This was exactly what I was looking for, it sure would be nice if someone would make a tutorial

showing what sections of general.css affects what parts of the pages on Dolphin. If I could gather enough info

I would write one for sure..

Thanks again and I appreciate your reply

One thing about the general.css, it's a huge file and used often. Then, add all the other .css files and it can be a very time consuming process just to change or alter one little thing. What you thought would only take a couple of minutes turned into an hour or two.

You're right there is little or no documentation about which sections of general.css do what.

If you have FireFox web browser there is a free plug-in you can download by Mozilla. It's available to download directly through the browser itself called "FireBug".

Once you have the FireBug plug-in you simply right click your mouse on the area of a web page you want to change or edit, and then select "Inspect Element".

That will open a window with some coding. As you run your mouse over the areas of the code the web page highlights/changes color and allows you to easily pick out which .css and class you might need to edit. If you play around it will even tell you which .css file and the actual line number you will find the code.

Huge time saver. It's a small download only takes a couple of seconds to add it to FireFox and it works great.

You can read about it and see some screen shots here if interested:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843

Thanks again my friend

The Firebug addon may be the very thing I will learn the Dolphin css with.

I may even get smart enough to attempt a new template.

Appreciate everything

Forums  ›  Dolphin 6.1  ›  General