Forums  ›  Dolphin 7  ›  General

Timeout During Installation

Has anyone had timeouts during installation of a fresh Dolphin 7 install?  It seems I run into that as soon as I get to the 6th step.  Basically it gives me the page and asks me to change /inc's permissions back to the way there were.  I do so and then press "Next".  Instead of taking me to the last installation page/prompt...it just sits there and waits.  Then the browser gives me "Network Timeout".

Let me know if you need info from my phpinfo file to diagnose the problem.  I did check the apache2 error log but didnt see any clues there either.  Just tried installing version 6.1.6 as well and the same problem happens.  Although the only difference is that I got to see the header image and then it gave me the timeout again. So there is definitly a bigger problem than the version of Dolphin that I am using.

There was someone a while back that had a similar issue with their hosts setup. If I recall the host had some form of cgi compiled/setup server. To overcome this they had to put a php.ini file in /install and possibly /install/sql like yoursite.com/install/php.ini and yoursite.com/install/sql/php.ini with increased values for timeouts and such.

You might try adding a php.ini file to these directories and increase some values / times such as:

upload_max_filesize = 200M
post_max_size = 200M
output_buffering = 1
max_execution_time = 10000
max_input_time = 10000
memory_limit = 128M
mysql.connect_timeout = 120

Put that in a file and name it php.ini make sure it's not php.ini.txt or something. Otherwise once it's uploaded to your host if it does happen to be named something like php.ini.txt then rename it to just php.ini

Add it to the directories described above and see what happens.

Hard to say if it's the exact same problem, but worth a try and only takes a few moments.

Thanks so much.  It was worth a try.  I did add the php.ini file with those parameters over to the install subdirectory of my Dolphin install.  No dice.  I know I had set those in the main php5's php.ini file and it didnt work there either.  To be honest, I wish there was a log that might give me a clue as to what is going on in there.

Dolphin seems to be a challenge I guess.

This is the hang screen encountered during a Dolphin 7 install.

Forums  ›  Dolphin 7  ›  General