Forums  ›  Dolphin 6.1  ›  Troubleshooting

IM Not Working

Well unlike the other post"s i have read speak of my Shoutbox and chat work. I mean chat as in "chat" on naviagation bar. However my I.M. chat does not work at all. What happens is this if i clic on "chat now" on a members action"s menu The Chat window opens ..but all it does is this the ajaz loader keeps loading and loading. This has ben going on for a few days now i am unable to find a solution anywhere!! Please Help!!

You said for a few days now it's been happening. Would that mean that it worked before and just recently started doing this. If so would there be anything out of the ordinary you have changed or edited.

Also are you using the free boonex rms. That one does have a lot of problems.

Someone not too long ago kept mentioning that shoutbox, chat and im had problems with firefox 3. I haven't noticed anything in particular. Some have said they clear their browser cache, while others no go. It would be odd that one browser works and another don't, but I never count anything out.

Sometimes .htaccess alterations and modifications could do this. Or even the host itself. But if you haven't changed anything and they haven't either that wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I stopped using the boonex chat as it was slow as dirt.  I intergrated flashchat :)

My shoutbox just crapped out aswell a few days ago and to fix it i just reinstalled it.

I deleted the shoutbox folder and then reloaded up a fresh copy.

When i went to my admin panel and ray widgets it prompted me to install.

Fixed issue.

Also yesterday it lost my licience number and had to re-enter it aswell.

Might be a boonex issue?

I even check a few other dolphin sites at same time and none of there shoutboxes were working either.  :)

Id love to find a replacement for the shoutbox so my site has no ties with boonex server at all.

Cheer

The boonex server went down the other day for reasons unknown. Boonex and Expertzzz sites were up and down. Some people that had paid licenses said during that time the dolphin footers showed backup. Not sure if this could be related kind of strange that the timing might fit right.

I was reading a post where someone said they had to re-upload the im, chat, and shoutbox files to their host and then it started working for them again.

If you give this a try just make sure you don't re-upload all the ray files and folders. You don't want to re-upload the global folder as it has some important info about your site in the file you could mess up.

If you do the xml files/folders you would most likely have to re-enter your licenses.

I might try just the flash files first. The ones that end in .swf in the app folders for the widget.

Hmmm well you see i had my host upload my site and all its compenents i am not really skilled at all the intracisies of the dolphin.     I may require some help to do what you desribed in your statement. I will check if my licences are still present.

The boonex server went down the other day for reasons unknown. Boonex and Expertzzz sites were up and down. Some people that had paid licenses said during that time the dolphin footers showed backup. Not sure if this could be related kind of strange that the timing might fit right.

I was reading a post where someone said they had to re-upload the im, chat, and shoutbox files to their host and then it started working for them again.

If you give this a try just make sure you don't re-upload all the ray files and folders. You don't want to re-upload the global folder as it has some important info about your site in the file you could mess up.

If you do the xml files/folders you would most likely have to re-enter your licenses.

I might try just the flash files first. The ones that end in .swf in the app folders for the widget.

i almost forgot to say that my shoutbox is functiong as normal.

I just remember reading it somewhere last night. I think it was Stuart that you see posting a lot at unity. He does seem to have a lot of issues though. It is kind of strange that this seems to fall in the time frame that the boonex server was down. Just a thought. If you are not familiar or comfortable with messing with it don't do it. The last thing you want to do is mess something up.

If you have the video portion of chat or im enabled it could also be related to the rms server you connect to. Whether it be the boonex one or a 3rd party rms. You might also drop them a email and see. Sometimes they need to restart the rms server or rms service is down and they don't even realize it until someone points it out to them.

Shoutbox is not associated with rms. I think Stuart has a few more things going on, and makes frequent changes to files.