Forums  ›  Dolphin 6.1  ›  Troubleshooting

Contact us

Hello, I am new and setting up a site.  However, when I test the Contact Us form, it sends it, but the Admin (that's me) isn't getting it.  Is there somewhere in the Admin panel that I need to go to put in my external email address?

Thanks in advance,

Glen

Hey,

You might verify that you entered the correct email addresses you want to use with your site. Dolphin asks during installation for these, and occasionally you might mistype the address. Doesn't happen very often, but worth a peek in this file:

/inc/header.inc.php

Find this area:
$site['email'] = "you@yoursite.com";
$site['email_notify'] = "you@yoursite.com";
$site['bugReportMail'] = "you@yoursite.com";

Update as necessary with your actual email address.

Aside from that I've only seen a few posts floating around where a few people couldn't get it to receive an email no matter what.

A while back I searched all over for a solution for someone. The forum posts that I found on other sites were never answered or followed up with.

Try the above file. Try to use one on your host like admin@yoursite.com or webmaster@yoursite.com if you have one set up on your host. Also, check your junk box/filters to make sure by chance it didn't end up in there.

Thanks for the reply. That helped a lot.  But I cannot send.  It seems I have to "turn" it on my Guests and Members, but I cannot find it under Admin, Builders, Navigation.  Is there somewhere else that I can check for that top menu?

Thanks in advance.

I guess I'm not totally sure what you mean or are refering to when you say:

It seems I have to "turn" it on my Guests and Members, but I cannot find it under Admin, Builders, Navigation.  Is there somewhere else that I can check for that top menu?